JOSEPH MICHAEL WALDROP (Michael)
Education / Experience
Michael received a B.A. in Accounting from North Carolina State University. After graduation, he worked with the Raleigh office of the Deloitte & Touche accounting firm before embarking on his real estate career in 1996. He worked with several developers and commercial real estate firms before starting his own firm in 2001.
Michael is a licensed real estate broker in North Carolina and South Carolina. He represents buyers and tenants as well as sellers and landlords. His practice includes commercial sales and leasing, income producing properties, 1031 tax-deferred and reverse tax-deferred exchanges, land transactions, and consulting services.
Michael’s approach to real estate is well defined by this comment from a client “Mike was instrumental in every phase of the transaction: advising us on choosing an intermediary; finding replacement property candidates under tight market conditions; assisting with framing contract language in concert with our legal team; helping find us a lender and, finally, in coordinating and shepherding the entire due-diligence process.”
As a fifth generation North Carolinian, Michael has contacts and connections in the region that are as valuable as they are rare in the industry.
- Board of Trustees NeighborHealth Center, Raleigh, 2017 to Present
- Finance Committee, NeighborHealth Center, Raleigh, 2018 to Present
- Fostering Bright Futures Board, Wake Tech, 2008 to 2012
- Wake Tech Planning Giving Committee, 2009 to 2011
- Development Committee of The WakeMed Foundation, 2009 to 2011
- Finance Committee of The WakeMed Foundation, 1997 to 2011
- Former member of Board of Trustees for the North Carolina Museum of History Associates
- Former member of Board of Trustees St. Timothy’s/Hale High School, Raleigh, NC (St. David’s School)
- Former member of Board of Trustees Camp Oak Hill, Oxford, NC
- Former member of Raleigh Telecommunications Commission, Raleigh, NC
- Co-Chair of Fundraising for Band Together fundraiser for Boys and Girls Clubs, Raleigh, NC
- Recognized as one of the “40 under 40” by the Triangle Business Journal in 2002
- Power-Broker Award from Co-Star, 2017 For Sales Transactions Brokered